Red Apple products used in thie recipe:
- 1 cup bowtie pasta
- 1 Tbsp butter
- ½ onion, chopped finely (optional)
- 2-3 cloves garlic, crushed and chopped up
Salt & Pepper to taste
2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
1 ½ cups milk
- 1 cup Apple Smoked Gouda cheese, grated
- ½ - ¾ cup breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking dish (8x8) with foil & grease with butter.
- Boil a saucepan of water add pasta, cook until al dente. Drain off water and rinse under cold water.
- Melt butter in another pan over medium heat. Add garlic, onions, salt & pepper. Cook till onions soften.
- Add flour. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly until blended. Cook on medium heat until the mixture thickens. Add cheese; stir until melted.
- Add cooked macaroni to the cheese sauce, stirring until well blended. Then pour it into the baking dish. Top with breadcrumbs. Bake at 350° F for 12-15 minutes or until bubbly. Serve hot.